Wednesday 25 October 2017

Winding up the school year

For my US readers the title of this blog is all out of kilter as your school year commences around September of each year.  By now you are well underway working towards the Christmas break.

In Australia the school principals are busy preparing for the new school year 2018 and winding up the 2017 year.  The schools finish in December then have the long 6 week summer holiday.  The 4th term of each year is therefore a very busy time when the principal and staff are tiring, not to mention the students.

I empathise with my principal colleagues at this busy time.  Keep a cool head and plough steadily through the prioritised tasks.

If you are retiring I know you will leave the school in top shape for your successor.  I hope that you have done a thorough preparation for retirement which brings some challenges like relevance deprivation syndrome.  I am still suffering from this hence I blog away and write about effective schooling. It is not life threatening.  I strongly advise people not to retire too early as with the longer life expectancy of today you can work a lot longer than in the past, health permitting.

Good luck with whatever phase of the school year is currently your challenge.


May the Force be with you!



GD

No comments:

Post a Comment