Wednesday 22 June 2016

Kambrya College

To my principal colleagues, if you have not already done so, go to 'abc iview' and watch the three episodes about Kambrya College.  It is inspiring.

Kambrya set out to lift its rating across Victorian schools from very low to whatever it could achieve. The changes were made in three main areas:  teaching skills, a focus on student wellbeing and a lift in academic performance outcomes.  They worked in conjunction with the University of Melbourne Graduate School of Education guided by Professor John Hattie.  The improvements astounded me.  My deep love for my profession was bolstered by what I saw.

This College loved its students even through periods of misbehaviour by some.

All hail Kambrya College.

Enough already!


GD

No comments:

Post a Comment